We had a pretty epic Summer Camp this year in Gigante! This year we had 2 summer camps: a children’s English, Art and Games themed camp, and a teen’s English and Surf Camp. Each camp was held two times per week in the mornings during the month of January.
Special Highlights this year included:
- Record attendance, averaging 26 children and 25 teens per class!
- 8 children’s classes, 8 teen English classes, 8 teen surf sessions delivered through the month of January
- 2 Youth Leaders who worked all January to help plan, deliver and evaluate our summer camp program, and who earned surfboards for their time and hard work!
- 2 Youth Surf Instructors who gained experience in teaching young people how to surf at all 8 of our surf classes
- Employment of 1 local teacher who worked alongside us to deliver the children’s summer camp
- Fun and engaging ways to learn English, Surf, Art, Science and even a little Cooking through activities like Making Pancakes, Making Volcanos, Ice Cream in a Bag, Pet Rocks, Fairy Houses, and much much more.
- A Community Surf Day
- 374 volunteer hours which helped to make this a reality
Special Thanks to Jackson’s Ice Cream for supporting the delivery of Summer Camp and Lynn & Betty Magnum for supporting the WOO Gigante English Program.